Flying Saucer Trench Beetle
This ingenious worker constructs ridge-like terraces on steep sand dunes to farm costal fog as it blows into the Namib Desert. Levon's detailed portrait clearly shows the covering of minute white scales that are invisible to the naked eye. Scientists are still unsure of the function of these scales. Maybe this picture will inspire a solution? taken from the Microsculpture project by Levon Biss, this beautiful portrait of a Flying Saucer Trench Beetle was created from over 8,000 individual photographs using a bespoke camera system and microscope objectives.
- Archival c-type print with matt finish.
- Available in -
- 30 x 30 inches edition of 12
- 40 x 40 inches edition of 10
- 50 x 50 inches edition of 8
- All artwork is signed and supplied with a certificate of authenticity.
- All sizes include a white border to assist framing and provide space for artist signature and edition numbering. This border is included within the overall print dimensions.
- Prints are supplied unmounted and are delivered in secure tube via tracked international courier (Parcel Force Worldwide and their affiliates).