Chinese Ground Beetle
The intense colours of this beetle are produced not by pigments but by the interaction of light between separate layers of chitin. These layers can even be preserved in fossils, the colours still present after millions of years. Taken from the Microsculpture project by Levon Biss, this beautiful portrait of a Chinese Ground Beetle was created from over 8,000 individual photographs using a bespoke camera system and microscope objectives.
- Archival Giclée pigment print.
- Available in -
- 24 x 16 inches edition of 45,
- 40 x 27 inches, edition of 45,
- 50 x 33.75 inches edition of 25.
- All artwork is signed and supplied with a certificate of authenticity.
- All sizes include a white border to assist framing and provide space for artist signature and edition numbering. This border is included within the overall print dimensions.
- Prints are supplied unmounted and are delivered in secure tube via tracked international courier (Parcel Force Worldwide and their affiliates). All taxes are paid by us and are included in the prices.