Melembu (Pterocymbium tinctorium)
These enigmatic seeds grow high up in the branches of a tree that can reach 164 feet (50 metres) tall. Unsurprisingly the luscious red, gold and green wings ripen to the texture of dragonfly wings to enable the seed to glide to a new home in safety.
Taken from Levon's latest body of work titled The Hidden Beauty of Seeds and Fruits, these macro photographs display the Carpology collection of the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh.
- Archival Giclée pigment print.
- Available in –
- 24 x 18 inches edition of 15
- 40 x 30 inches edition of 10
- All artwork is signed and supplied with a certificate of authenticity.
- All sizes include a white border to assist framing and provide space for artist signature and edition numbering. This border is included within the overall print dimensions.
- Prints are supplied unmounted and are delivered in secure tube via tracked international courier (Parcel Force Worldwide and their affiliates).