Rosary Pea (Abrus precatorius)
These bright red, glossy seeds are highly valued as ornamental beads.
Taken from Levon's latest body of work titled The Hidden Beauty of Seeds and Fruits, these macro photographs display the Carpology collection of the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh.
- Archival Giclée pigment print.
- Available in –
- 24 x 18 inches edition of 15
- 40 x 30 inches edition of 10
- All artwork is signed and supplied with a certificate of authenticity.
- All sizes include a white border to assist framing and provide space for artist signature and edition numbering. This border is included within the overall print dimensions.
- Prints are supplied unmounted and are delivered in secure tube via tracked international courier (Parcel Force Worldwide and their affiliates).
The images presented allow the audience to appreciate and study these tiny specimens in levels of detail normally only available with the use of microscopes. Using his photo stacking techniques and bespoke camera system, Levon was able to capture unprecedented levels of detail far too small to view with the naked eye providing us with an insight into an unseen world.